ownCloud BOF at Akademy 2012
Subject of the BOF will be the integration between KDE and ownCloud. As onwCloud originated from the KDE project we should meet and think together again how we can provide useful integration for the users combining the power of both technologies.
After a short overview of where the ownCloud project is going and what the recent achievements are (if participants are interested) I think we should concentrate on the technical level.
There are a couple of rough ideas already how we can integrate on a technical level, such as
- Integration of the ownCloud data storage in the KDE user experience.
- KDE features for the ownCloud Desktop Client like KWallet integration or KDE SSL certificate management.
- Synchronisation of PIM data like contacts, addresses, bookmarks or RSS feeds
- a syncing API for application data to be synced in KDE applications.
- Syncing of KDE application configurations.
- Plasma integration of ownCloud/syncing client.
I am sure there will be more we can come up with. Let me know upfront if you want me to put it on the list or even better show up at the BOF in person.