ownCloud Client 1.2.0 beta1
2012 is slowly coming to an end and we all are looking forward to a few silent days around Christmas. But we did not want to leave to holidays without adding another thing to your vacation experience: I am happy to announce the first beta of the upcoming ownCloud Client release 1.2.0, ready now for you to test and enjoy under the tree.
This is the first build with the new things we did in Berlin a couple of weeks ago, you will
- discover that there is much better error reporting if something goes wrong.
- probably feel like it syncs faster, yes faster.
- see that there are less HTTP requests to the server for a single sync run.
- don’t see any issues with MacOSX and funny characters in filenames any more.
- recognize a new icon set, which is not finalized yet (actually not all sizes are there, thats why the status dialog looks a bit funny) but we thought its nice to already add it to the beta. It should fit nicely into your operating system environment.
- realize that this client comes with a cross platform file system watcher on clientside, so no polling any more.
- have your password stored in a secure keychain on all platforms since we added qtkeychain to the client.
Maybe there is more, but we thought that’s already a nice beta release.
Please find packages for MacOSX, Windows and Linuxes. Note, not all packages are finished yet. If the one for your distro is missing, please come back later, or even better – speak up at firstname.lastname@example.org and help fixing🙂
Of course you also should note that this is an early beta and you would not want to use it without a good backup of your data and only on your test account without important data.
We would appreciate if you let us know your experience on the mailinglist. If you find problems, please report it to the client’s bugtracker mentioning client- and server versions and at best with useful logs.
With that we are happily vanishing to spend some time away from the computer, looking back on a very exciting and very busy year, working on an interesting topic with a lot of nice people.
Thanks and best Season’s Greetings!